UCAB Upcoming Events

Friday, March 7, 2008

Music!

Greetings, all!
Happy tidings from your Music Committee Chairwoman. I hope you've all been enjoying sand, sun, and some r&r over your spring breaks. The music committee has been busy! We're still negotiating with bands to perform at our second Lake Matoaka show this spring. We had put in an offer to Sri Lankan-born British rapper M.I.A., and after long and arduous negotiations her management finally told us she was not interested. How frustrating! We were really excited about that possibility, but between the dates we had to offer and our low price it just didn't work out.
Following that disappointment we put in an offer to Band of Horses, a band that has been receiving a ton of press lately, but our $30k offer was much lower than their asking price of $50k. That was a short lived negotiation; essentially we just couldn't pay what they wanted.
We are hopeful that our latest offer will be accepted, and as soon as we hear back definitively I'll be on the blog again, keeping you all updated!
Thanks for tuning in,
Jeanna O.

1 comment:

Brett Roth said...

Aw, I'm sorry! That's too bad, I was looking forward to M.I.A. Now I'll just have to boycot her music, haha. Love you Jeanna!